It’s the Party Season, and many of us LOVE getting dressed to the nines and heading out on the town during the festive season. A bit of sparkle, a fabulous pair of shoes and a killer dress all make for the perfect party look.
All too often we’ll spend hours, or even days, searching for the perfect outfit for that special festive event, only to leave our beauty look to the last minute. This party season make sure you plan ahead to ensure your pout is perfectly polished too.
A statement lip is the look to be seen in this Winter (those of you who watch The Great British Bake Off will have seen this year’s winner certainly loved a bold lip!), so here are our top tips on which shades to choose and how to make your lips last!
Shades of Red
A bright red is an iconic Hollywood look for a reason; it’s glamorous, sensuous and feminine. Keep the rest of your make-up pared back if you’re going for a strong lip shade; neutral eyes, a little blush and then allow your lip colour to give the real WOW factor! We love Red Carpet, from the colour me beautiful make-up range for a show-stopping look.
Long Lasting Lips
Keeping your lip colour in place all evening can be a challenge for some, but with the right application techniques and products, it needn’t be…
- Gently exfoliate your lips using a specially formulated lip scrub.
- Apply a non-greasy lip balm to soothe and moisturise your lips.
- Apply colour me beautiful lip base to prime your lips, help your lipstick stay in place and reduce feathering.
- Select a colour me beautiful lip pencil in your ideal shade, line and fill your lips in.
- Finally apply your favourite colour me beautiful lipstick and voila!
If you’re unsure which lipstick shade to go for, get in touch with me by clicking here for some advice!